How we optimized Sales, Service en Marketing processes for ASG.
ASG (Advanced Systems Group) EMEA – Your most trusted partner Whether on water or on the road, delivering an optimal user experience is at the heart of ASG’s business. It’s why we are proud to be the world’s leading supplier of products and integrated systems to the marine, RV, and Specialty Vehicle industries. Our broad portfolio of market leading brands in power management, digital control & monitoring, and networked devices are distributed globally to a diverse aftermarket and OEM customer base.
The solution for the service process has already led to the following results for ASG:
- They now have a clear overview of all RMA cases, with all data available in one place.
- Error susceptibility has decreased and fewer mistakes are made when processing warranties, returns and replacements because the amount of manual actions has been reduced.
- Handling cases is easier because the service employee has more insight into the customer information immediately. The required addresses and orders are all neatly linked to the right customer.
- Customers can submit cases themselves from a portal and view the status of their case. The user experience has increased enormously as a result.
- In addition, the solution has resulted in time savings for ASG employees, because they no longer have to process all the emails they previously received about RMA cases.
ASG is driven, every day, to be the world’s most trusted partner to the marine and mobile industries. Brands: Mastervolt, Whale, Ancor, Attwood, B&G, BEP, Blue Sea Systems, C-MAP, CZone, Garelick, Lenco, Lowrance, Marinco, MotorGuide, Progressive Industries, ProMariner, RELiON and Simrad.
To keep things clear, we divide ASG’s challenges into the three core processes: Service, Sales and Marketing. Within each process, ASG encountered one or more challenges, for which a solution was realized with the help of Salesforce. The results that ASG has achieved with this are also highlighted.
ASG’s service process was very time consuming and prone to errors. A clear overview of all customer requests did not exist. For every customer email about warranty, complaints, and returns, service reps had to manually create a case. These cases are also known as RMA (Return Material Authorization) cases. The two systems ASG was using to handle and manage the RMA cases were not properly synchronized. Orders, shipments and stock were registered and managed in their ERP system. Meanwhile, customer service and sales were handled in Salesforce Service Cloud. Time to define a better and integrated solution for ASG’s service process.
To improve the process for the ASG employee and make it less time-consuming, customers are now able to submit a case themselves in the new Service Portal. These cases are directly connected to Salesforce Service Cloud, where the ASG employee can process them. Customers also have access to technical documentation in the Service Portal. Frequently asked and easily answered technical questions are avoided. This solution is based on a combination between the Service Portal and Knowledge.
The sales manager did not have an overview of all sales people’s activities. Filtering and reporting on the results of the entire team was not possible. On top of that, it wasn’t clear which deals were most important of what risks ASG was facing. As a result, collaboration and account planning were practically impossible.
ASG was already using Sales Cloud, but its adoption within the organization was low. Many sales people used their own Excel documents to track their opportunities, leads, risks and challenges and to support their customers / distributors with sales.
Several solutions have been built within Sales Cloud for the challenges in the sales process.
One solution is focused on account planning. Everything that was previously maintained outside of Salesforce, in separate Excel files, is now managed within Salesforce.
An account plan template was created using Salesforce Quip. Multiple sales people can work together on the account plan of one distributor. It determines how the distributor is doing and what actions are needed to improve even more. A distributor can choose to conduct its own marketing, but can also participate in general ASG campaigns. Requests for campaigns can be made from the account plan, but the campaigns can also be managed.
ASG can now also record possible risks for her own business and for her customers’ businesses.
Distributors can now be rated based on scores and actions can be linked to the various scores. For example, ASG can choose to give more benefits to the distributors with the highest scores, or make certain agreements based on the scores. This was achieved by building a Partner performance scorecard in Quip. ASG can fill in certain criteria, after which a score comes up (bronze, silver, gold). This score can be automatically forwarded from Quip to Salesforce, making this information accessible to everyone. The sales team can now work systematically, with clear goals and associated actions.
Multiple colleagues can also easily collaborate on a list or specific customer. In order to make this possible, prospect target lists have been created. A sales person can now create a target list within Salesforce with prospects he wants to focus on. This can be, for example, a regional list, or a specific customer. The prospect targets lists are custom objects, to which a Quip document is linked. In this Quip document the sales person can create an action plan.
All data has been merged and made transparent in various sales dashboards in Sales Cloud. The sales KPI dashboard shows the figures and activities. This includes the number of won, lost and created opportunities. The ongoing sales risks and their status are also shown. In addition to the KPI dashboard, a dashboard has also been created in which an explanation of the KPI dashboard is provided. In addition to the numbers, this also shows which opportunities, leads and customers these numbers are about. This dashboard also has a linked Quip document, in which news items are recorded that have to do with ASG’s business. Think, for example, of news items about the market, customers and competitors. Not only activities within ASG are monitored, but influences from the outside as well.
A complete overview has been created of all sales trajectories, which are displayed in Salesforce from start to finish. For this purpose, a component has been created at account level which allows you to log in to Microsoft Power BI. When you are logged in, you will see a dashboard of the actual sales figures.
Results that ASG has achieved in the sales process with the chosen solutions are the following:
- The adoption of Salesforce in the sales organization has skyrocketed. All sales users now actively use Salesforce and Quip very well. It has become a central part of daily work.
- All information is transparent and a 360 view of the customer has been created. Most customer data is now stored in Salesforce Sales Cloud, where it was previously divided over SAP, Service Cloud, BI and Excel sheets. This has put an end to the era of scattered information, which was not available to everyone.
- The sales meetings are quickly and efficiently, due to the specific input that can be obtained from Salesforce.
- The data from Power BI is directly visible within Salesforce and can therefore be included in the account plan. This gives Sales a 360 view of customers, leads and opportunities.
ASG could never know for sure if all the data they were using for mailings was correct and whether any data was missing. They were also dealing with a data risk in the integration between Salesforce and the email tool that was used. ASG previously did not use Marketing Cloud for email marketing, but an external email tool. Because of the shaky synchronization, not all data from Salesforce was available in that email tool. Internal settings of the email tool created a data risk. Enough reasons to look for another solution for their email marketing.
The data used for ASG’s email marketing is now always up-to-date. In addition, the data risk that ASG faced has been eliminated. To make this possible, they decided to switch to Marketing Cloud. This resulted in a seamless integration with Salesforce. Within Marketing Cloud, ASG can not only send emails, but focus on the entire customer experience.
The results achieved by ASG through the transition to Marketing Cloud are:
- They have full insight into the mailings and results of those mailings.
- There is certainty that the data used for the mailings is correct, because of the synchronization with Salesforce. This also ensures that mailings are not sent twice to specific people or that e-mails do not arrive.
- ASG has more options in automation, which means less manual work has to be done.
- The process is less prone to errors and hardly any manual work has to be done for event registrations. Linked forms in Salesforce are filled in and the event registration is loaded directly into Salesforce.
To sum up, suitable solutions have been realized for all three processes: Service, Sales and Marketing. These have already proven to be working, with results mainly in the areas of overview, error reduction and data quality, time savings and process automation.